Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MAXI SKIRT

Oh how I love maxi dresses and maxi skirts!  It seems to be the hottest new trend this summer.  They seem so simple and elegant.  I've been wanting to make a summer maxi for myself but shopping choices are so limited in my area.  There was the cutest maxi skirt in a boutique window but, of course, they didn't have my size.  Luckily, to my surprise, I found a wonderful tutorial from Jaime Christina of Pretty Ditty here.  To make things even better, the local "Discount Fabric Warehouse" just rec'd a large shipment of assorted knits and there they were, rolls and rolls of "Ella Moss" labeled fabrics....I love Ella Moss.  I just can't afford to have an entire wardrobe of her collections.  After my purchases of "a yard of this, a few yards of that,...."My "Ella Moss" striped knits came home with me.

After about two hours (this includes taping newspapers together to make out the pattern), I end up with my very own Ella Moss copy cat skirt:

I LOVE IT!  My new summer maxi needs a quick steaming and it's ready to go to town!  Oh, I added a waist band following this tutorial

Thank you tutorial world for the inspirations! 

What's on your "make me this summer" list?








No comments:

Post a Comment