Wednesday, March 12, 2014

ENERGY BALLS

For some reason, I've been having a sweet tooth lately and it's been making me snack on things that I really shouldn't be.  Someone turned me on to some tastey "energy balls" and since then have been looking for a recipe that can satisfy my sweet tooth and at the same time have some healthy benefits for someone my age (ahem.....forty-something....).  Here's one I found that is easy AND my family loves it, too!

SIMPLE AND EASY ENERGY BALLS

1.  Put the following ingredients in a large bowl:  1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup peanut (or almond) butter, 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, 1/3 cup honey, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tsp vanilla.

2.  Mix ingredients well.

3.  Form into balls and store in an airtight container in the refrig.  I used a small ice cream scooper to make my balls.

Doesn't that sound easy?  Great for the on-the-go working parent and a healthy snack for any student.  I'll be going to a picnic this weekend and will pack a bunch of these with me to share.

You can also add coconut flakes and chopped almonds.  Of course, use low fat and organic as much as they are available in your area.

Have you had energy balls before?

No comments:

Post a Comment