Friday, October 1, 2010

DAY BAG

Have you heard of Nicole Mallaieu?  Well, she's a talented bag designer out of Australia and I visit her blog, YOU SEW, girl! for valuable tips on constructing the perfect project.  In one of my flickr groups, I saw a bag made from one of her patterns and it was aboslutely simple and so chic.  Had to make one....(of course!)......Here it is, the DAY BAG made out of the last of my daughter's Japanese Fabric from her GIRLS TOP and BACK TO SCHOOL BAG projects. 

I went ahead and added a few "blings" from CREATIVE CRYSTALS randomly adhered them around the fabric to give it that extra "bling".

This was my first time making an interior zipper pocket and a zipper gusset on the top rather than a magnetic clasp. 


The directions were very easy to understand and this Day Bag is probably one of those practical bags we all should have.  I had fun with this, finished it in one afternoon.  My fear of zipper has lesson with this project.  Thank you Ms. Mallaieu for sharing your wonderful tips and making your wonderful patterns available! 

Ya think I can get away using this as a "night bag"?

No comments:

Post a Comment