Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ORCHID FLOWER



Look at this surprise I found in my garden......I am NOT by any means an orchid "professional"....just one that appreciates the vibrant colors and shapes they come in.....most of all they can last months in my home....some are wonderfully fragrant, too! I got this orchid from my mom who is also an orchid lover....She lives in higher elevation where it's much more moist and cooloer than my home so all her orchids are always blooming for her. This particular flower ("pua" as we call it here in Hawaii) has a label "Lc, Dinard 'Blue Haven'" I can never remember the scientific names of the many species so I'm always happy to see an easy to remember name on the label. My mom is home to my "ORCHIDS THAT NEED HELP".....I'll bring her orchids that seem to be on its last lap and in a few months, wallah.....they are blooming, and ever so healthy again. In the meantime, I "borrow" her plants until they have that "I NEED HELP" look on them ....that's when I drive to my mom......Mom's always come to the rescue don't they....

No comments:

Post a Comment