Monday, October 19, 2009

Backpack for Monica



My niece, Monica, is a big fan of the "peace" symbol and when I saw this fabric, I instantly thought of her. I see a lot of drawstring backpacks in sports retail stores so I thought I'd make her one since she will be going to states in a few weeks for cross country .....The pattern/tutorial came from http://happythings.typepad.com/happythings/2006/04/the_mama_backpa.html .

I wanted to try something new and got some "bling" to spell MONICA but don't think you can see it well....here's view of it. Not quite pleased how it turned out. I'll work on this and hopefully the next "bling" will be easier to see.

Here I used, for the first time, grommets.....this hardware sure adds to the backpack...One thing about these babies is that you really have to pound hard to secure them. Not something to do late at night but these little doo hickies are sure cute!




Here I added a pocket on the inside....I think it may be a good idea to add velcro for the next backpack pocket.



And just for the heck of it, I made a label out of twill ribbon. It reads: "BB & me" on the top half and the bottom half reads: "Handmade in Waikoloa".



No comments:

Post a Comment