Friday, October 30, 2009

RECIPE REVIEW - PISTACIO PESTO BUTTER

One Sunday morning, I turned on the television and the Food TV Network was on. Aaron McCargo Jr.  reviewed what was on the menu and the Pistacio Pesto Butter caught my eye.....Yeah, we were planning to grill some steaks for dinner and the melted pesto butter on the steak looked way too good to not pay attention.  Click here for the recipe.

This what it looked like when I put all the ingredients in the processor:



I didn't have the exact ingredients that the recipe called for...I substituted the Asiago cheese for freshly grated parmesan reggiano and toasted some pine nuts instead of pistacio.

I scooped four generous portions of a tablespoon on a plastic wrap like this:


Rolled it up into a log like this:


Chill until firm.  When steaks are ready, unroll plastic wrap, cut off about 3/4" and immediately place on fresh off the grill steak....And here it is all melted on my steak:


Yummy!  The fam liked it so much, they used it on thier vegetables and went back for more to spread on their dinner roll.  This is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment