Monday, March 8, 2010

Buttercup Bag

I fell in love with a bag I saw here and thought this would be a nice way to use up some denim in my stash bin.  Lucky for tutorials, this is where I leanred how to "free form embelish".  Keeping true to my New Years resolution, I went to my pattern stash and found a pattern I got from Made By Rae's blog .  Dusted it off and this is what I got:

            


I wanted to add a little more to it so and thought of "KANZASHI FLOWERS".  I first saw kanzashi fabric flowers here at "You Sew, Girl!".  I tried a few with the help of several tutorials from this flickr site and this bitty bits and pieces blog tutorial.  Instructions were easy enough for me to follow and this is one of my first kanzashi flowers and though it would be cute for this Buttercup bag:

Oh, I must add this the polka dot fabric was from a favorite hand-me down top of my daughter and it is also used as the interior lining.  Since the bag (minus the kanzashi flower) was entirely made from fabric in her "favorite clothes bin", she feels very connected to this. I added a little pock inside for her "little" things.

Again, I must thank all those who are so generous to post  their tutorials and provide free patterns and ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment