Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tsunami Day bags

Okay, so this past Saturday, all our eyes were on the television for updates on the tsunami that was expected to hit Hawaii around 11:05 a.m.  It was a day to stay safe and stay home.  What to do in front of the televisoin?  Sew, of course!  I dusted off a pattern, "The Hazel Hipster" I got from here and away I went.  My fist mini Hipster turned out cute!  The straps were a little too short for me to use across my body, but perfect for over the shoulder or a little girl across her body....


Bag #1:


Yes, it was a LONG day so I made more, this time w/longer straps and I also did one w/an adjustable strap and "d" rings.  Cute!  I just HAVE to try out the regular size hipster....

Bag # 2, 3, 4

At the end of the day, the State of Hawaii was really lucky to have "dodged the tsunami".  My thoughts and prayers to the the people of Chile who are suffering from the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment