Monday, June 28, 2010

HANDLE THIS! ART IMPRESSIONS BAG

Here's a pattern I purchased from The Fat Quarter Shop here.  The pattern is called Handle This! which offers three handle options from http://www.artful-offerings.com/  The chic style utilizing a large ring with a tied handle captured my interest and of course, had to make one.  I got my 2" O-Rings from here


When you have a chance, check out her blog called You Sew, Girl!.....Nicole  "Nikki" shares lots of great information not only on bag making but techniques for any project.  Thank you "Nikki" for sharing your ideas and patterns!


Grey and handle fabrics are from a local fabric shop called Discount Fabric Warehouse and the Amy Butler fabric trim, pocket and lining is from Kilauea Kreations, a cute little quilt shop on the East side of the island.  If you are ever visiting, gotta go there.  It is in a refurbished old plantation style house.  Next time I go there, I'll take a picture of it for you.   It's just a neat place to visit and the people who work there are wonderful!


I had fun making this....!  Next time I'll try a different handle...maybe a bamboo one..seen some cute bags with bamboo handles lately and I've been wanting to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment