Sunday, June 13, 2010

RECIPE REVIEW - MANGO BREAD

Okay, I'm in the mood for more baking!  Got some beeeeeeautiful Hayden magoes from a freind.  Thank you, Frankie!  Hmmmm, what should I make?  Mango cheese pie (better not, that stuff is rich, rich, rich!), Mango mai tais.margaritas (nope, I'll be useless before afternoon), Mango chutney (too much work!), Mango pie (um, not in the mood to roll out dough), Mango bread (yes!).  I remember a good friend of mine, Suzy-Q shared a recipe from her collection of shared recipes and this particular one came from an Executive Chef of a popular hotel in Waikiki. Love recipies like this where most of the ingredients are already in my pantry.  Here's the recipe:

MANGO BREAD

2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar (or less if mangoes are sweet)
3/4 cup salad oil
2 cups diced over riped mangoes
1/2 cup nuts or raisin (optional)

Soft together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Make a well in the center and set aside.  Beat together eggs, sugar and oil; pour into the center of the dry ingredients and mix well, adding mangoes, raisins/nuts last.  Pour batter into a greased one-pound loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees oven for one hour or until done.

Here it is....

Again, this bread is always moist and "ono"!  I don't get to make this often since mangoes are seasonal here and when it is in season, it is EXPENSIVE!  This recipe is thumbs up!  Thank you Suzy-Q for sharing this with me!

I found that Hayden mangoes are more tastey than other mangoes I've tried.  But bottom line is that they are all delish!  Try and let me know if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment