Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SIMPLY STYLISH TOTE

Back to sewing!  Found some really cute fabric at Kilauea Kreations, a cute little quilt shop on the east side of the island.  I really like orange and thought what a cute tote it would make.  So, here I go....dug up a cute pattern from this website.  For this tote, I extened the width 2" making it 15 inches wide instead of 13 inches.  I used a pretty Robert Kaufman fabric for the lining I got from a local fabric store:

Used some D-rings that were on sale at Wal*Mart::

I like using this Bb & me tag....makes it look "special".  I made a little yoyo from some scrap fabric and sewed a cute little button in the middle:


Here she is....SIMPLY STYISH TOTE:

From this project, I learned that using interfacing on the back of the exterior fabric makes a difference, to me.  It was advised that if  fusible fleece is used on the back of the lining, it isn't necessary to use any interfacing on the exterior fabric.  While to some it does not matter, I personally like the feel and crisp look of a bag that uses interfacings both on the lining AND exterior fabric.  I also used magnetic snaps on this tote.  So cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment